Sunday, February 19, 2012

Double vision and reading


It is certainly true that binocular eye problems prevent you from reading comfortably. This has all kind of repercussions on your academic (and athletic) performance. It's especially tragic if you like to escape reality with a good book once in a while but you can't really because of your diplopia. Reading with double vision is really hard. Nontheless, I do read with moderation though and I still love it. How do I know whether a book is any good? If I can read it 'effortlessly' with my left eye too. If the book is engaging enough, it becomes less of a struggle. I read all kinds of books but the books that were most easy to read for me were those written by Khaled Hosseini: Thousand splendid suns and Kite runner. That guy is just a natural story teller. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment